Policies & Procedures
RATES & FEES
All of our rates and fees can be accessed through our website.
Happy Tails accepts payment via credit card through our secure merchant account. For your convenience we keep a credit card on file.
We will email your detailed service order for your review. You can then let us know if any changes need to be made to the order. Your card will be charged approximately 2 business days prior to the start of your service order.
We do not provide refunds, but use the remaining amount as a credit balance on your account for future pet care needs.
Our regular office hours are Monday-Friday from 8am to 5pm. The office is closed on weekends and all Federal holidays. Calls are monitored for emergencies when the office is closed. All other calls are returned during regular business hours.
Your reservation is only confirmed when you have received a confirmation via e-mail. To make a reservation, you may use our on-line scheduling system, send us an email or call the office at 503-396-4637. Messages left are not considered confirmations.
We adhere to a strict policy of NO OVERBOOKING. Therefore, once you have contracted services, we will turn away business in order to accommodate your schedule. You will be charged for all visits without proper notice of cancellation.
Dog Walking and Drop-ins: 24 hours notice of cancellation
Pet Sitting: 48 hours notice of cancellation
Morning visits occur between the hours of 6:00 and 9:00. Late evening visits occur between 7:00 and 9:00. Mid Day Walks occur between 11:00 am and 3:00 pm. Evening visits are between 4 pm and 7 pm. Cats are always visited a minimum of every 48 hours and dogs are visited a minimum of every 12 hours. If you would like to reserve a specific time, $5 will be added to the cost of your visit.
FRIENDS AND FAMILY ACCESS
We understand that your friends and families may want to check in on your pets while you are gone, but we must know the names of those friends and family and the dates and times that they are expected. If we arrive at your home and there is an unexpected person in your home, we will leave the premises and report our finding to the local authorities. Additionally, Happy Tails is not responsible for any damages incurred to or in your home or to your pet during any time period that anyone other than Happy Tails has access to your home.
LAST MINUTE SERVICE
Sometimes emergencies happen – our goal is to help you when you need it most, even at the last minute. However, do not assume that we have received your last minute request until you have received a confirmation via e-mail. A $10 fee will apply to reservations made with less than 12 hours notice.
Happy Tails Transport will NOT be liable for unsecured pets. This means outdoor cats or dogs.
It is the pet-owner's sole responsibility to pet-proof any areas of the home and/or property to which the pet has access. This includes thoroughly inspecting fences, gates, latches, doors and other devices meant to keep the pet inside or away from any 'forbidden' areas. The pet sitter does not assume and has no liability for any injuries the pet may sustain while in its own home.
It is the pet owner's responsibility to provide safe access to their home shoveling their sidewalks, steps and porch.
Happy Tails reserves the right to adjust the thermostat, close/open windows (as long as it remains safe and secure), turn air conditioner on/off or etc. in ALL of our client’s homes if our sitters feel the climate is posing a health risk to your pet(s) in our care. Our staff will notify you if you are accessible.
We recognize that your privacy is important to you and your family. We will not, at any time, either directly or indirectly, use any information for our own benefit, disclose, or communicate, in any manner, any information to any third party.
Services: Personalized Pet Care Rate: Please review your invoice for your fees.
1. Ground Rules: The term Happy Tails Transport as used herein refers to the officers, owners, principals, employees, and subcontractors of the company known as Happy Tails Transport and its authorized representatives.
2. This contract authorizes Happy Tails Transport to enter the Client's home to provide the services listed herein and on the invoice, which shall be an addendum to this service contract.
3. Upon Client's request to provide services in the future via phone, email, or the online scheduling system, Client agrees that this contract shall be renewed or extended in its entirety, without further written authorization. The term of said renewal shall coincide with the service dates as listed on the most recent of an email confirmation or an invoice.
4. Happy Tails Transport agrees to provide the services stated herein in a reliable and trustworthy manner. In consideration of these services, and as an express condition thereof, the Client expressly waives and relinquishes any and all claims against Happy Tails Transport unless arising from deliberate negligence on the part of Happy Tails Transport or their representative(s).
5. If the pet(s) become ill and medical care is needed while under the care of Happy Tails Transport, Client authorizes Happy Tails Transport to transport the pet(s) to Client's veterinarian (or one who is available). Client authorizes Happy Tails Transport to approve any emergency treatment recommended by the said veterinarian. Client authorizes Happy Tails Transport to take Client's pet(s) to an emergency clinic for animals when the Client's veterinarian is not immediately available. Client further agrees to promptly reimburse Happy Tails Transport for any expenses incurred for emergency treatment. Client releases Happy Tails Transport from any and all liabilities related to transportation, treatment, and expense resulting from emergencies.
6. Client agrees to reimburse Happy Tails Transport for the purchase of materials necessary for the satisfactory performance of duties, and for any emergency expenses incurred resulting therefrom.
7. If Client is delayed in returning home, Client agrees to notify Happy Tails Transport of such delay and agrees to pay Happy Tails Transport for any additional visits required until their return.
8. If Happy Tails Transport is locked out of Client's home, Client gives authorization for a locksmith service to perform any entry services as deemed necessary for Happy Tails Transport to access the home. Client further agrees to promptly reimburse Happy Tails Transport for any expenses incurred due to Happy Tails Transport being locked out due to Client error. Happy Tails Transport will make every attempt to gain access to Client's home before calling a locksmith.
9. Client agrees to not solicit any of Happy Tails Transport's employees, pet sitters, contractors or representatives for pet care, exclusive of Happy Tails Transport.
10. Client agrees to inform Happy Tails Transport in the event that any of Happy Tails Transport's employees, pet sitters, contractors or representatives solicit business from the client.
11. The Client fully understands the contents of this contract and agrees to pre-pay the total fees for services stated herein and to pay any additional charges due when the service has been completed. In the event, any part of this contract shall be determined to be invalid it shall have no bearing on any other part of this contract.